The KMHS Band Experience
Kennesaw Mountain High School was founded in 2002. Since the school's founding, the Kennesaw Mountain High School Bands Organization has established a nationally-recognized reputation of excellence. The band is a consistent finalist in national, regional, local, and class competitions.
Below is an inspiring video in which KMHS band students and directors describe in their own words the KMHS Band Experience.
Accomplishments and Accolades
Some of the KMHS Bands Organization's most notable accomplishments include:
- Marching Band has been an eight-time Bands of America Grand National Finalist (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Marching Band has been a three-time Bands of America Class AAA National Champion (2004, 2012, 2014)
- Marching Band performed in the 2005 Macy’s Parade.
- Program has been awarded the John Phillip Sousa Foundation Sudler Shield.
- Wind Symphony performed by invitation at the 2006 Midwest Clinic.
- Percussion Ensemble performed by invitation at the 2013 Midwest Clinic.
- Jazz Ensemble performed by invitation at the 2006 Georgia Music Educators State Convention.
- Wind Symphony performed by invitation at the 2010 and 2015 University of Georgia January Music Festival.
- Wind Symphony has received straight “superior” ratings at the Georgia Music Educator’s Large Group Performance Evaluation every year since the building opened.
- Winter Guard is a four-time Winter Guard International Finalist (2004 Scholastic A Champions, 2005 Scholastic Open Champions, 2006 7th Place Finalists in Scholastic World, 2013 Scholastic Open Bronze Medalist).